GT-42: Solvang, CA
GT-42 Important Updates
The GT organizers from the Paradise British Car Club and the MG Owners Club of the San Francisco Bay Area have been working hard to finalize the official GT activities. There is much to choose from and they have attempted to pack in as much as possible.
Click here for a detailed Schedule of Events.
Click here for a list of other activities available in the Solvang/Santa Barbara area.
• We’ve added a veggie/salad option to the car show box lunch choices. It’s the same price as the other choices. (If you wish to change your order, please email Mike as Registrar to change your order).
• Due to a change in suppliers, the colors of the Oxford shirts and ball cap are different. The Oxford shirts are now Light Blue and Navy (previously Light Blue and Ink Blue), and the ball cap is now Tan (previously Stone). Same prices as before.
• The main hotel is nearly full, so we have an overflow hotel nearby. (See below for full information)
Activities Quick Summary
- Monday Evening – Orientation/Reception (6.00-8.00pm)
- Tuesday Morning – First Timers’ Reception (7.00-9.00am)
- Tuesday – Magnette Owners’ Lunch (12.00noon-1.30pm), Tours/Drive (1.00pm-3.00pm), Rolling Tech Session (9am onwards)
- Wednesday – Car Show (10.00am-3.00pm)
- Wednesday Evening – Santa Maria-Style BBQ (5.00pm-7.00pm)
- Thursday – Tours, Tech Sessions
- Thursday Evening – Awards Banquet (Reception 6.00pm-7.00pm). Dinner at 7.30pm
- Friday Morning – Farewell Breakfast, Winners Circle
At this writing in early April, the Hotel Corque is nearly full. The overflow hotel is the Hadsten House Inn at 1450 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA, 93463; Tel: 800-457-5373. Ask for the NAMGAR event when registering. The Hadsten House is a few blocks from the Hotel Corque and the Mission. It adjoins Hans Christian Andersen Park and is in the midst of the all the Solvang shops and attractions.
We have a hard cut-off date for ordering regalia: May 1. We do not plan to have extra clothing regalia available for purchase at the GT. Please consider what you’d like and order by May 1. The regalia features the GT-42 logo with a red MGA, the Mission, and blue California sky. A winning combination!
Highway 1 North – Road Closure
Some folks had planned to take Highway 1 North to Monterey or San Francisco after the GT, but there is a bridge out near Big Sur. A new bridge won’t be in place until the end of September, and there are no plans for a temporary bypass, so the highway is closed through the Big Sur area during the time of the GT. People can get to Hearst Castle, but not a lot farther north on Highway 1. You can get back to US 101 via California Highway 46 from Cambria or Highway 41 from Morro Bay.
The monument at the site of James Dean’s fatal accident is at the eastern junction of Highways 41 and 46, 38 miles from Paso Robles, and halfway between US 101 and I-5.
Stay current with NAMGAR, MGA news, and more: Subscribe to updates by email
Last updated on April 8, 2017.